Powered by WebRing.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Back In The Fast Lane

So here I am again, back in the big city getting ready to begin the last phase of my field clinicals. I am excited and apprehensive at the same time, but I feel I am ready. Mostly I am ready to be done with this paramedic program, but also I am ready to see and do some really cool stuff.

The city itself is a little crazy. I didn't mention this after my last visit down here, but I have to say that the city is no longer the place for me. I have lived in big cities, small cities, totally huge cities... I am done with them. I think I am from now on at most a town kinda guy. Towns are small, often they are cute, and usually you know everyone from the post man to the police man.

I actually get a bit of anxiety being in a city now. I feel like I need to be wary for some reason. I guess it is just a function of being around so many people again, but I don't know. I was never wary when I lived in New York City, nor was I wary when I lived in San Francisco (well, I was wary one time but that is another story). Now, from lack of exposure I suppose, I have become wary.

Hopefully the big city will prove my wariness to be unfounded. Just may take a little time to get used to people, traffic, fast food, and all that stuff again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carmelo said...

Big cities are odd places, completely bonkers and they never sleep....

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home