Powered by WebRing.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Year's End

There is at last a bright light at the end of the tunnel. I am so happy that the school phase of my education is over; I am ready to move on the the practical phase. I have just 30 shifts of 12 hours standing between me and the national registry. Lucky for me, I have four months to complete those 30 shifts, so it wont be quite as miserable as the last year and a half.

It's been a pretty big year, going through paramedic school, studying all the time, working full time. I am a little sad to see it go. Now that things have slowed down so much with the semester ending, I find myself actually not busy sometimes. It has been a long time since I have felt like that. Perhaps this spring some fishing will actually get done.

I think I have all the information I need to move on to the next phase of my program. I am nervous; I am going to big and bad ass system for my field internship. I am sure they will bust my chops, but I want to put on a good show. I am representing not only my department, but my program as well. Our program director never hesitates to tell us that we are representing our school out there so we need to look good.

I will try to post as often as I can throughout, but it will be hard. I am working straight 12 hour shifts; that leaves little time for me to get anything done other than eating and sleeping. Wish me well and stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home