Powered by WebRing.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Moving Along Nicely

A quick review of the last stretch of my third semester:
  • Most gruesome test ever - Cardiac Box Test COMPLETE
  • Fairly annoying but not too awful - Neurology COMPLETE
  • Pretty mellow but annoying - Endocrinology COMPLETE
  • Easy all things considered - Allergies and Anaphylaxis COMPLETE
  • Tougher than I thought - Toxicology COMPLETE
I am at the phase where I can not only see, but feel the end of the tunnel. As discouraging and difficult as school is sometimes, I am still loving. Things are starting to make sense; the job is coming together. My shifts in the hospital are a little less gruelling because I can now see a patient and get a better picture of what is going on. That is a cool feeling.

We have only 8 more weeks of actual class time left. I am looking forward to starting the last clinical phase. Mostly just because I am getting tired of class work; I want to get out there and see some stuff. Eight weeks of class, 360 hours on an ambulance, then we're off to the National Registry Exam. I should be licensed in less than 9 months from now!

Things have been real slow here in Rural America. Hunting season is at hand, so we will probably see a few environmental emergencies and maybe a search and rescue or two. Who knows. Busy season is right around the corner though, and this ski season is looking to be awesome. We already have more snow than we have had in years. Of course, this is the first time I haven't bought a season pass in a long time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Carmelo said...

Hi slack, how's things? You still there dude?

8:01 AM  
Blogger Slack said...

still plugging away...

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home