Powered by WebRing.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Its All Down Hill From Here

I passed. Unbelievably so, but ture. I passed the cursed "Cardiac Box Test." It was by far and away the most miserable test I have ever taken, but it is now behind me. Let me summarize the misery for you:
  • 285 multiple choice questions done one page at a time (you can't go back and change answers or look ahead, you must turn in the pages as you complete them).
  • 67 EKG Strip Interpretations
  • 86 questions pertaining to ACLS protocols
  • 38 questions pertaining to EKG rhythm interpretation rules

As I was deep in the middle of the 6 hours it took to take the test, I was impressed with the amount of stuff that has been crammed into my head over the last year. I actually know some of this stuff; even more impressive is that I comprehend most of this stuff.

The post-test beer drinking was well deserved and appreciated by all of us. We had a great time and all surived with few scars. The stress relief was nice. About half way through the test all I could think about was how nice it will feel to be done with the test, and boy did it feel nice.

No good news on my poor friend. After surgery, he did get some better function in his hands. We are all holding out for his legs. It doesn't look good. He is in good spirits though, and his family is with him and supportive. I am sure that no matter what the outcome, things will work out for him. They will because they have to I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home